Thursday, December 14, 2006

One Semester Down, Three (or Four) More to Go

Wow! Returning for my first semester as a full-time student has been a whirlwind, but in the last four months I’ve accomplished a few things. I’ve been the associate editor for my school’s newspaper, worked in a professional writing environment (as the “oldest intern”), boosted my GPA, completed a short story, and read a bunch of wonderful books. There were moments I thought my head would explode, but I’ve discovered a little more of that 2/3 of our brain they say we don’t use. Next semester’s menu will include a class which focuses on the Southern Short Story (Ernest Gaines, Flannery O’Connor, Katherine Anne Porter, etc.), and the class I’ve really been anticipating: Literary Theory…Oooo y’all, it’s getting deep! (As you may be able to tell, I’m a little excited about that one.) I’m also keeping my fingers crossed for another internship, this time with a local magazine. Meanwhile, during my three weeks off, I’ll be trying to shed a few of those study break pounds I picked up, see a couple of movies, getting a head start on Literary Theory, and I’m reading The Inheritance of Loss by Kirin Desai, daughter of Anita Desai, and winner of this years’ Booker Prize….Whew! I feel good!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home