Saturday, February 02, 2008

A Lot of Music in a Tiny Box

So, I didn't make a resolution, but I starting working out and eating less back in October in anticipation of graduating in December a size 8. (Hey, it's possible!) And, for small weight loss milestones I'm trying to reward myself with something other than food. For example, instead of a slice of cheesecake, I give myself a nice, hot bubble bath, or a CD, or a new blouse, right? So, today I rewarded myself with an iPod Shuffle; it's like the iPod Nano for those of us who can't afford the $150 bucks for the Nano. Which is fine. It holds 250 songs and that's just enough to fuel my workout. I spent the evening loading it up with my first workout playlist, (which was no small feat if you're over 40).
Once done, I got a pretty good workout in my kitchen. (No carpet there, so I slide a lot easier in my socks!) Now, I consider my music taste to be relatively diverse, but for a workout, I downloaded some good old fashion party music. I start off kinda mellow, and crank it up and then cool it down. Check out my playlist:
1) Private Party by India Irie

2) Diamond in da Ruff by Jaheim

3) I Am Not My Hair by India Irie

4) How to Survive in South Central by Ice Cube (yeah, that's right!)

5) Home Alone by R. Kelly & Keith Murray

6) Work That by Mary J. Blige

7) Wanna Be Startin' Something by Michael Jackson

8) Pressure by Sounds of Blackness

9) Just Fine by Mary J. Blige

10) Atomic Dog by Parliament Funkadelic

11) Represente by Orishas

12) There's Hope by India Irie

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:31 AM , Blogger steadfastandpurposed said...

You go, girl! Comfortably in a size 8, but at times a 6, I applaud your efforts. It ain't easy; trust me. But you are on the right track. God bless you.

Here are more songs that you might want to check out:

Everyday People (radio version) by Arrested Development

Ain't No Stoppin Us Now by McFadden & Whitehead

Rosa Parks by Outkast

There Must Be A Way Out Of Here by Jimi Hendrix

That's Just The Way It Is by Bruce Hornsby and the Range

We Be Clubbin by Ice Cube

It Was A Good Day by Ice Cube

Hustler by Ice T

Just To Get By by Talib Kweli

 
At 11:01 AM , Blogger BLUE said...

yeah-yeah ... that's right! Cube in da house! (lol) feelin' you totally, mama, workout and all. light! ~blue

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home