Sunday, June 01, 2008

My London Dream Comes to an End

Well, I've been home for just over a week now, and it's time to get back to reality; no more petite custard tarts from the sweet, little Portuguese baker on the corner, no more Tube hopping in the middle of the night, no more imagining Mrs. Dalloway strolling down Bond Street with a bouquet of flowers.

Now, it's time for summer school, and maybe a gig in the Office of Student Affairs. Now, I really begin my countdown to graduation, which includes preparing to take the GRE at the end of the summer. My course loads will be a little lighter from here on out. Two classes this summer will include Gender and Sexuality in LIterature and finally, African American LIterature to 1850. I saved African American Literatures for my last year, because I know I already enjoy it, and I wanted to be able to focus on something I really loved. (As opposed to being stressed out about something that doesn't hold my interest as much.)

So, fare thee well, my London....maybe we'll meet again.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I loved reading about your adventures in London and your culinary discoveries! (It's one of my three favorite cities) You did quite well for a vegetarian...which can prove to be quite difficult almost everywhere in Europe.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home