Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Wicked Adventure


So this evening, after having spent the day at the Victoria and Albert Museum, I rushed back to do laundry over on Queensway. It's been a week since I got to London, and after a week, sharing a small European-style hotel room with two other people gets to be a little...well, let's just say I needed some "me" time. So,after dropping my clothes back by my hotel room, I jumped on the train at Bayswater, went to the Victoria Apollo to see the musical Wicked. (Using my student ID, I got fourth row seats for twenty-five pounds) It's a cool take on the story about the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz, before Dorothy dropped a house on her sister. Actually, the actress that played Glenda the Good came pretty close to stealing the show, and I can't get that song "Popular" out of my head.

Well, after the show was over, I crossed the street to Victoria Station and guess what? I hopped on the wrong train. Then, when I got to Vauxhall Station, I jumped off expecting to take the next train back to Victoria, only to find out that no more trains were coming in or out of Vauxhall. So, I had to go up to the street and take a bus back to Victoria, where I ducked into Marks & Spencer to grab a Hummus and Roasted Vegetable sandwich. I made it to the Circle Line platform, where I took the next train back to Bayswater. I'm feeling pretty close to being fully acclimated to the trains here, and I know that's going to be the first thing I miss when I'm back in Atlanta traffic.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home