Friday, August 11, 2006


One book that made me cry.
Okay, so some of these questions I have to think a little harder about, so they may not come in the order they were given. A few books have brought tears to my eyes, but the most recent one is The Farming of Bones. I think I love Edwidge Danticant. Her writing is simple and eloquent in a way, Hell in every way, that most young writers are not. In the way that an old soul uses few words (and a lot of time) to get a across a point that changes your life. In the way that the ocean just naturally seem to extract the stress and worry from your body (even if you don't get in the water). Her writing feels as though the person dissolves and the artist emerges, mysteriously and graciously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home